Malgorzata Sypien, M.D., FAAFP, Integrative Family Practice, Chicago IL
Yes, it's that time again – cold and flu season.
This natural, flu fighting tea soothes your cough and sore throat with honey, lemon, ginger and other immune-boosting herbs.
- 3 cups of water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 slices of fresh ginger (1/4 inch thick)
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tbsp. turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 ½ tbsp raw honey
- Add all ingredients (except honey) to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add honey and stir, adding more if necessary.
- Pour tea through a strainer and drink while warm.
* Please note these recommendations are meant for otherwise healthy individuals. Those that are immuno-compromised, elderly or sick for a long duration of time should consult their physician.